Karl Ulrich, Esq., Shareholder at Sebaly Shillito + Dyer and OSBA Board Certified Labor & Employment Law Specialist, gave a presentation at at OhioMeansJobs in Butler County on December the 2nd, 2014, located at 4631 Dixie Highway in Fairfield, Ohio with Matt Messersmith of Signet Pre-Employment Screening
They explored information to consider when hiring new employees.
- The Fair Credit Report Act (FCRA)
- Pre-Adverse Actions and Adverse Action Letters
- What is Included in a Quality Criminal Check
- The Use of Criminal Databases
- How County Criminal Research is Performed
- Available Drug Screening Methods; What’s Best for Your Organization?
- EEOC Guidelines
- “Ban the Box”
- Legal Issues with the Use of Social Media
- Workers’ Compensation Reports