Background Checks 101 – OhioMeansJobs | Butler County
December 2, 2014 – 8:30 am to 10:30 am
Karl Ulrich, Esq., Shareholder at Sebaly Shillito + Dyer and OSBA Board Certified Labor & Employment Law Specialist, will be speaking with Matt Messersmith of Signet Pre-Employment Screening at OhioMeansJobs, 4631 Dixie Highway in Fairfield, Ohio. They will explore information to consider when hiring new employees.
Join Karl and Matt to discuss:
- The Fair Credit Report Act (FCRA)
- Pre-Adverse Actions and Adverse Action Letters
- What is Included in a Quality Criminal Check
- The Use of Criminal Databases
- How County Criminal Research is Performed
- Available Drug Screening Methods; What’s Best for Your Organization?
- EEOC Guidelines
- “Ban the Box”
- Legal Issues with the Use of Social Media
- Workers’ Compensation Reports
There is no charge for this seminar. To register, please contact Whitney Read at 513.887.3226. or Whitney.Read@jfs.ohio.gov
Click HERE to view event flyer.