We assist qualified candidates in obtaining citizenship through naturalization or a derivative status. Citizenship allows candidates to live in the United States free from future worries about United States immigration status. Citizenship through naturalization is generally a long-term process that requires years to achieve. Candidates may become citizens, among other ways, if they are a:
- spouse of a United States Citizen,
- long-term lawful permanent residence (Green Card holder), or
- qualifying member of the United States armed forces.
Candidates interested in citizenship should be prepared for a long-term petition process that will likely be accompanied by a petition for other interim immigration status before citizenship is ultimately obtained.
- Update: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals - 02-05-2013
- New Homeland Security Policy Allows Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens To Apply for Extreme Hardship Waiver Before Exiting the U.S. - 02-05-2013
- Supreme Court Decision on the Arizona Immigration Law - 08-20-2012
Sebaly Shillito + Dyer is a law firm with attorneys whose practices include helping individuals navigate United States immigration laws ethically and successfully. We have offices in Dayton, Ohio and West Chester, Ohio.
Contact us (937-222-2500) for a consultation.