Refugee status is a form of protection that may be granted to people who meet the definition of refugee and who are of special humanitarian concern to the United States. Refugees are generally people outside of their country who are unable or unwilling to return home because they fear serious harm. Asylees are also considered refugees. Asylum may be granted to individuals who have been persecuted or who fear future persecution in the home country because of:
- Membership in a certain social group, or
- Political belief or opinion.
Candidates granted refugee and asylee status may work in the United States immediately and petition for permanent residency (Green Card).
- SS+D Selected as One Of the Dayton Business Journal’s 2017 Best Places to Work! - 03-24-2017
- H-1B Season: Are You Ready? - 03-03-2017
- MEDICAL MARIJUANA UPDATE - 01-20-2017
- HOW TO PLAY THE TRUMP CARD: THE FUTURE OF THE DOL’S OVERTIME RULE? - 01-12-2017
- Hot HR Topics in 2017 - Sharonville Business Connection Luncheon - 01-10-2017
- Texas Federal Judge Blocks DOL Overtime Exemption Rule - 11-23-2016
- Is your company ready for medical marijuana in Ohio? - 10-21-2016
- MVHRA Workshop - Employee Drug and Alcohol Screening: Law and Best Practices - 10-14-2016
- OHIO UPDATE ON TRANSGENDER RIGHTS IN THE WORKPLACE - 08-15-2016
- SS+D and SIGNET Present...Drug Testing 101 - OHIOMEANSJOBS Butler County 8-17-2016 - 07-26-2016
Sebaly, Shillito, + Dyer is a law firm with attorneys whose practice specializes in helping individuals navigate United States immigration laws ethically and successfully. We have offices in Dayton, Ohio and West Chester, Ohio.
Contact us (937-222-2500) for a consultation.