Retirement and Business Succession Planning
Retirement PlanningNearly everyone these days has an IRA, 401(k), or other retirement plan. The choices and elections that they require are often difficult to understand and the income and estate tax consequences of failing to plan adequately for the distribution of these accounts can be devastating. Our attorneys are skilled in these planning techniques and regularly assist clients in this complex area.
Business Succession PlanningFamily-owned and closely-held businesses present special Estate Planning challenges for their owners. Traditional estate tax concerns are combined with additional problems of liquidity and transition of management. Our estate planning lawyers have significant experience in this area and can guide the small business owner in developing an estate and business succession plan that will maximize the business’s chances for success while promoting equity and reducing strife among heirs.
Related Estate Planning Sub-Services
- Estate Planning
- Retirement and Business Succession Planning
- Medicaid and Disability Planning
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Probate, Trust, and Tax Litigation
- Charitable Planning and Charitable Trusts
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- Planning for Same-Sex Couples
- Alternative Billing Arrangements