- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Federal Bar in the U.S. Southern District of Ohio
- Federal Bar in the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
Of CounselDaniel J. Donnellon
Daniel J. Donnellon is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. He has devoted over 30 years of his practice to trial work concentrating on civil injunctions and commercial litigation including business torts, intellectual property, pharmaceutical/medical devices with recent significant work in privacy and privacy class actions. Dan views his trial work as “value-added” litigation. Although many companies look at litigation as a necessary, but a burdensome “cost of doing business,” Dan provides a different approach. “Protecting trade secrets and intellectual property are often high-stakes investments a company can only achieve with experienced, value-added counsel,” said Dan.
Professional Experience / Focus Areas
Dan has litigated complex business and product liability actions. He is the author of Ohio’s most oft-cited treatise on the subject of Civil Rule 65 equity relief. One southwestern Ohio appellate Judge has referred to Dan as “the guru of injunctions in Ohio.” The Supreme Court of Ohio has invited him three times to be a Faculty Member for the Common Pleas Court Judges Association continuing judicial education on the subject. In 2020, Dan published a comprehensive update Injunctions and Restraining Orders in Ohio, 2020 Edition. The 228-page paperback treatise is available on Amazon. The text contains a valuable Frequently Asked Questions Chapter which comes directly from Ohio trial judges when encountering cases involving potential injunctive relief.
Dan is a 1986 graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law where he was a Law Review Editor. For the past seven years, Dan has returned to the UC College of Law as an Adjunct Professor teaching advanced Trial Practice and coaching the competitive mock trial teams.
Dan’s published works including the following:
- Co-author, Chapter 10, “Other Pleading Issues,” Kentucky Civil Practice Before Trial, 4th, University of Kentucky College of Law, 2017
- Co-author, “Is Congress Inadvertently Putting Companies Out of Business? The Effect of the TCPA on Unwitting Marketing Efforts, Cincinnati Business Courier, September 30, 2016
- “Injunctions and Restraining Orders in Ohio: A Guide to Relief Under Ohio Civil Rules 65 and Related Statutes,” Anderson Publishing Company, 1992.
- “Injunctions and Restraining Orders in Ohio, 2020 Edition,” Donnellon, D.J., Amazon KDP, 2020.
- Ohio Super Lawyers List (2004-2005, 2012-2018)
- Cincinnati's Top 100 Lawyer's (2015-2017)
- Selected for Inclusion in the Best Lawyer's of America (2017) and 1028 in the field of Litigation-Intellectual Property
Business Board Affiliations
- President of the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky John W. Peck Chapter of the Federal Bar Association