Government + Regulatory Affairs
The members of the SS+D Government Contract Law Practice Group use their knowledge and experience with the government contract procurement process (at the federal, state, and municipal levels) to provide a full-service practice to for-profit companies as well as non-profit and governmental clients. The group is led by Bob Hanseman, a former Air Force J.A.G. officer. The group’s services include:
- Providing risk analysis of terms and conditions of government contracts, grants, cooperative agreements and other types of federal agreements;
- Preparing and negotiating teaming agreements, data rights agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, licenses, and subcontracts;
- Counseling clients in the application of the various laws affecting federal, state, and municipal procurement processes, including socio-economic compliance requirements, small and minority business issues, e.g., HUB Zone and SDVOB, and Freedom of Information Act Requests;
- Analyzing, preparing, and resolving contract claims before the Contracting Officer or litigating them before the Courts or Boards of Contract Appeals;
- Representing clients during civil and criminal investigations relating to the False Claims Act, False Statements Act, etc., whether initiated by the government or qui tam relator, including internal corporate investigations and voluntary disclosures, as well as the related issues of suspension and debarment.