- Dayton Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
ShareholderBeverly F. Shillito
Bev is a founding partner of Sebaly Shillito + Dyer, and has 40+ years of experience counseling clients regarding corporate strategy and legal matters. Her practice includes corporate and business law, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, technology law, and health care law. Prior to founding Sebaly Shillito + Dyer, Bev was corporate counsel at The Mead Corporation and an attorney at Smith and Schnacke.
Bev also has entrepreneurial roots. She owns several small businesses and is actively involved in other business ventures. Her roles are diverse – from serving as general counsel, chief strategist, and fundraiser to operations, product development, and marketing, with a special talent in crisis management. Bev supports the entrepreneurial spirit and volunteers extensively to help businesses start, grow, and thrive in the Miami Valley.
Professional Experience / Focus Areas
Bev’s practice primarily focuses on the following areas of law and business:
- Represents clients of all sizes regarding corporate and business matters, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, and contract matters
- Represents physicians, physician groups, medical equipment vendors, and other health care providers on matters unique to the practice and the industry, including profit and non-profit entities
- Works extensively with senior leadership, boards and committees to formulate strategic plans, corporate governance initiatives and compensation arrangements to achieve goals and objectives
- Crisis management and Regulatory compliance matters
- Special talent in identifying leaders and coaching for success
- University of Cincinnati B.A. 1975 Political Science, summa cum laude
- Leland Stanford Junior University (Stanford Law School) J.D. 1978
- Martindale Hubbell AV Peer Review
- Best Lawyers of America in Corporate Law
- Ohio Super Lawyer in Corporate Law
- Dayton Business Journal named Bev Shillito to Dayton’s Power 50- Dayton’s most influential women of 1028 (9/14/18)
- Dayton Business Journal named Bev Shillito to 25 Most Influential People of the Decade in the Dayton Region (8/21/09)
- Dayton Development Coalition Volunteer of the Year (2008)
- Mathile 2007 Community Award
- YWCA Lifetime Achievement Award (2004)
Business Board Affiliations
- EAGLE Registrations, Inc.
- EAGLE Food Registrations, Inc
- One10 Marketing LLC
- Danis Building Construction Company
- Industry Products Co.
- Montgomery County Transportation Improvement District
- Basic Drugs, Inc.
- Real Art Design Group, Inc.
- The Children’s Medical Center of Dayton (through 2018)
Community Board Affiliations
- Dayton Development Coalition (Executive Committee)
- Numerous Community, Cultural, and Charitable Boards and Committees