- Dayton Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
ShareholderBeverly F. Shillito
Bev is a founding partner of Sebaly Shillito + Dyer, and has 30 years of experience counseling clients regarding corporate strategy and legal matters. Her practice includes corporate and business law, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, technology law, and health care law (head of practice group). Prior to founding Sebaly Shillito + Dyer, Bev was corporate counsel at The Mead Corporation and an attorney at Smith and Schnacke.
Bev also has entrepreneurial roots. She owns a small business and is actively involved in other business ventures. Her roles are diverse – from serving as general counsel, chief strategist, and fundraiser to operations, product development, and marketing, with a special talent in crisis management in today’s uncertain economy. Bev supports the entrepreneurial spirit and volunteers extensively to make it help businesses start, grow, and thrive in the Miami Valley.
Professional Experience / Focus Areas
Bev’s practice primarily focuses on the following areas of law and business:
- Represents clients of all sizes regarding corporate and business matters, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, and contract matters
- Represents physicians, physician groups, medical equipment vendors, and other health care providers on matters unique to the practice and the industry, including profit and non-profit entities
- Works extensively on corporate governance with boards of directors and committees to formulate strategic plans to achieve goals and objectives
- Special transactions, special Mergers and Acquisitions
- Crisis management
- Regulatory compliance matters
- Special talent in identifying managers and leaders, coaching business board
- Best Lawyers of America in Corporate Law (2007-2008)
- Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star by Lawyers & Politics Media Inc. (2004-2009)
- YWCA Lifetime Achievement Award (2004)
- Dayton Business Journal Top Three Lawyers in POWER Dayton's Most Influential People
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser (2003)
Business Board Affiliations
- Eagle Registrations, Inc.
- Excellence in Motivation
- Danis Building Construction Company
- Basic Drugs, Inc.
- Real Art Design Group, Inc.
- Nitto Denko Automotive, Ohio, Inc.
- Fifth Third Bank Western Ohio
- Advanced Technical Intelligence Center for Human Capital Development
Community Board Affiliations
- Dayton Development Coalition (Executive Committee)
- Development Projects, Inc. (Chair)
- Ohio Business Development Coalition
- Numerous Community, Cultural, and Charitable Boards and Committees